We are Topdeck, a name that's been around in the youth travel space since 1973. We do epic Euro trips, Big Game safaris, American road trips, sailing voyages, pyramid expeditions and Asian adventures for travellers between 18-39. Our passion is giving every one of our customers a trip of a lifetime, every time.
Being a part of the Topdeck Team means you will have the opportunity to inspire young people through life changing travel experiences. We are looking for someone to join the team that aligns perfectly with our brand and values... if this sounds like you then keep reading!
We are looking for a tour operations expert to take on the exciting and innovative role of Global Head of Product. This role is an integral part of the success of our business helping to pave the way to Topdeck becoming the industry leader in youth travel. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and delivery of Topdeck’s Global program across all destinations. This person will be a product development Guru within the travel industry. Leading the Product team across our London, Brisbane and North America offices, this senior role requires proven innovative and forward thinking operational expertise with a minimum of 10 years’ experience.
- Provide clear and succinct direction and leadership to the Global product management team to ensure global consistency
- Lead the contracting team to ensure strong negotiation of rates, supplier relationship building and scheduling
- Lead and develop the product and operation team members to enhance capability and empowerment
- Work with Global PeopleConnect to drive consistency and engagement across the global road crew team
- Be a key contributor to the overarching strategic direction of the Topdeck Business
- Drive Product development strategies that both evolves our existing product and introduces new destinations and trips
- Manage the Global contracting and product team integration
- Focus on efficiency gains through the product development process
Experience, Requirements and Key Behaviours
- Strong Commercial Acumen
- Extensive product experience in a senior management role
- Destination understating of all of Topdeck’s locations
- Customer focused, insights and trend analysis capabilities
- Be able to analyse and interpret data findings at a high level
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills
- A solid understanding of the international travel landscape
- A strong and inspirational leader and motivator
- Creative and innovative
- Ability to plan and deliver an implementation strategy across new projects
- Strong relationship management skills
- Proven experience in a global team environment
- And of course… A passion for all things travel related!