Position: API Business Analyst – Integration
Reporting to: Website Performance Manager
Location Base: London
Contract: Fixed term contract (12 months)
The Global Touring team inspires people through life changing travel experiences. Global Touring continues to grow rapidly, with our key brands Topdeck and Back-Roads expanding in 2017 through diversifying our product range, growing our key sales markets, innovating our product delivery and ensuring a positive customer experience that is unique to each brand.
With a shared service, our ‘one best way’ approach is consistent and effective in supporting the specific strategy within each business. We are looking for someone to join the team that aligns perfectly with our brand and values... if this sounds like you then keep reading!
We are looking for a Back-End Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users, driving integration with our distribution network and providing in-depth implementation assistance whilst driving the future direction of the B2B API development to meet our organizational goals.
As our API lead, the ideal candidate will be an analytical thinker with the capability of identifying, analysing and resolving any problems with the API and partner integration.
The role is based in London but there may be travel to visit partners in other geographies.
- Regularly evaluate the existing B2B API and make recommendations for continuous improvement; documenting and sharing learnings
- Lead the planning, development, implementation and regular reviews of a B2B API for Global Touring brands
- Evaluate and amend the current API documentation to make sure it is fit for purpose, efficient and will deliver a sustainable API for the Global Touring group
- Define a cohesive global plan for B2B API delivery ensuring internal and external partner engagement.
- Document and execute the API roll out to designated partners.
- Effectively manage our Systems Software Provider on identification and resolution of API technical issues
- Ensure optimization of the technology for maximum speed and scalability
- Ensure implementation of security and data protection
- Capacity to think through new propositions and articulate requirement, including ability to apply analytical skills and conceptual thinking to both short term and long-term opportunities
- Plan, document, execute and maintain the correct level of system and staff support for the efficient and stable running of the new API ongoing
- Work with strategic partners and provide first line pre- and post- integration support for at global level
- Monitoring and analyzing partners activities, engaging with customers to drive improvements and issue resolution
- Work closely with internal Front End, eCommerce, IT, Marketing and Sales teams for successful implementation and change updates
Experience, Requirements and Key Behaviours
- 3 years+ stakeholder management experience
- 5 years+ experience including API with Webservices (SOAP)
- Understanding of but not necessarily experience in implementing the following server-side languages (Java, .Net), back end tools (MySQL, SQL Server, SOAP) and version control
- Understanding of the Travel industry and Travel Studio technology desirable
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective communicator – including proven experience in partner management
- A team player, keen on collaboration while being self-motivated
- Proactive, flexible and hands on approach
- And of course… A passion for all things travel related!