Position: Product Analyst
Reporting to: Global Head of Product
Location Base: Topdeck HQ – London
Contract: Full time
We are Topdeck, a name that's been around in the youth travel space since 1973. We do epic Eurotrips, Big Game safaris, American road trips, sailing voyages, pyramid expeditions and Asian adventures for travellers between 18-39.
Being a part of the Topdeck Team means you will have the opportunity to inspire young people through life changing travel experiences. We are looking for someone to join the team that aligns perfectly with our brand and values... if this sounds like you then keep reading!
Brief Job Summary
Reporting to the Global Head of Product, the Product Analyst will perform analysis across the Topdeck product range. The role requires a thorough understanding of pricing, costs of sale, product development, contracting and competitor movement from a group touring perspective.
The person will work closely with the other team members from the product, contracting and load departments, as well as external suppliers, to examine costs and market trends, with an ability to identify market opportunities to improve existing products. This work will require an excellent ability to turn raw data into meaningful analysis.
The role requires :
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, highly numerate, analytically minded, with an astute commercial awareness.
- Competitor and market trend analysis will be a key focus area for this position.
- The role will also build on work around internally developed capacity and yield analysis.
- The position may also assist with broader tasks within the product and contracting teams.
- The role requires excellent attention to detail, methodical research, and a thorough understanding of the travel market.
- Provide detailed analysis across the Topdeck product portfolio
- Contribute to the design, implementation and development of group touring products
- Assist with the preparation of trip budgets, costings and pricing for Topdeck product ranges
- Implement and build upon data management processes
- Develop analysis around the capacity status of trips and perform regular yield management
- Foster good working relationships with Topdeck employees and crew members
- Work closely with other Topdeck departments to ensure data and information is captured accurately
- Research and analyse current and potential cost saving opportunities
- Reporting delivered in an accurate and timely manner to senior management
- Perform tasks to ensure product is brought to market accurately (e.g. proofing copy, data entry, implement data automation)
Experience, Requirements and Key Behaviours
- Commercial awareness with strong negotiating skills
- Highly numerate and analytical
- On road experience with Topdeck Travel or relevant travel experience
- Experience with accommodation and activity suppliers
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel
- Experience in collecting, assessing and automating data
- Experience working with accommodation providers
- Confident making decisions based on analysing numbers
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- A valid UK visa or European passport
- And of course… A passion for all things travel related!