Position: Australia & New Zealand Product Manager
Reporting to: Global Head of Product
Location Base: Brisbane, Australia
Contract: Full time
We are Topdeck, a name that's been around in the youth travel space since 1973. We do epic Eurotrips, down under adventures, big game safaris, American road trips, sailing voyages, pyramid expeditions and Asian adventures for travellers between 18-39.
Being a part of the Topdeck Team means you will have the opportunity to inspire young people through life changing travel experiences. We are looking for someone to join the team that aligns perfectly with our brand and values... if this sounds like you then keep reading!
Brief Job Summary
The Australia & New Zealand Product Manager will be responsible for developing and managing the Topdeck Australia & New Zealand product range. The role requires a thorough understanding of product development, contracting and schedule management from a group touring perspective.
Excellent relationship management skills are essential to work closely with the Operations Team and to successfully work with all Topdeck team members, external suppliers, national and regional tourism offices, and destination management companies.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, enthusiastic, highly numerate, analytically minded, with an astute commercial awareness. The person will possess excellent planning skills, with an ability to identify market opportunities to improve and expand upon existing products, and to develop new product ranges.
The role requires excellent attention to detail, well-developed management skills, methodical research and analysis skills, effective negotiation skills, and a thorough understanding of the Australia & New Zealand youth travel markets.
Some international travel will be required for this role.
- Design, implementation and development of group touring products
- Prepare trip budgets, costings and pricing for the Australia & New Zealand product
- Monitor the capacity status of trips and perform regular yield management
- Develop strategic relationships with suppliers and destination management companies
- Foster good working relationships with Topdeck employees and crew members
- Work closely with other Topdeck departments (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Operations) to ensure product is represented and being delivered in line with Topdeck core values
- Ensure product is developed and delivered within specified timeframes
- Research and analyse current and potential product opportunities
- Reporting delivered in an accurate and timely manner to senior management
- Perform tasks to ensure product is brought to market accurately (e.g. proofing copy, data entry, implement data automation)
- Ensure product is developed in accordance with Topdeck crisis management and health and safety guidelines
- Overall awareness of key target destinations and regions of interest for target demographic markets
Experience, Requirements and Key Behaviours
- Commercial awareness with strong negotiating skills
- Highly numerate and analytical
- On road experience with Topdeck Travel or relevant travel experience
- In-depth knowledge of Australian & New Zealand destinations, and travel trends
- Experience contracting accommodation and activity suppliers
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel
- Comfortable in Microsoft office and other platforms/software, e.g. GoogleDocs, Trello
- Experience in collecting, assessing and automating data
- Experience with travel industry software
- Experience working with accommodation and activity providers
- Confident making decisions based on analysing numbers
- Focus on delivering the best passenger experience
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Right to work in Australia and with the ability to travel in New Zealand.
- And of course… A passion for all things travel related!